When: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 2:00 PM– 7:00 PM
Venue: Manarat Al Saadiyat Art Studio, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Presenter: Dr Gai Lindsay, Lecturer, BEd-The Early Years University of Wollongong, Australia
- Define visual arts learning for early childhood contexts
- Draw upon research findings to examine the beliefs and practice of early childhood educators regarding their visual art pedagogy with preschool children.
- Pinterest or interest? Thinking about art and craft to plan quality visual arts learning experiences in early childhood settings.
- Identify and challenge assumptions and myths about early childhood visual arts.
- Explore provocations from the Reggio Emilia approach and John Dewey’s philosophy to reflect on the role of the educator/adult in child art making
- Invite reflection, challenge ideas and inspire educators to re-imagine their identity as artistic practitioners.
- Playing with arts materials to build the educator’s identity as artist, researcher and teacher
- Practical experiences to build educator’s visual arts confidence and knowledge.
Training participants will receive:
– Educator Beliefs & Identity Handouts
– Early Arts Certificate of Attendance with 6 hours of of tuition (4 hours training and 2 hours of follow up reading and research).